EProjectConsult and “A Rocca” NGO team is on the way to Krakow, Poland to take part to the last meeting of four of the project “Inter-cultural Dimension for European Active Citizenship” (IDEA-C), Europe for citizens Programme, which will take place on the 13th of February 2016. The project, focused on the causes for the high absenteeism rates at the European elections, counts a big partnership composed by 14 Institutions from 13 EU Member States. The Organization responsible for the last event is Zwiazek Stowarzyszen MULTIKULTURA.
The meeting will start with a short introduction by Andrzej Bialko from Multikultura followed by the Mayor of Geraci Siculo, dr Bartolo Vienna.
During the event it will be presented a documentary about the project which will be used as dissemination tool. There will be an informative session held by A. Bialko, K. Ridan about the web platform featuring, in order to clarify the dissemination strategy.
Furthermore, two experts Pablo Cano (Political Communication and Local Politician) and David Heiser (European Project Manager) are going to talk about the topics:
- Connecting Local Government with European Union Policy. What can local governments do to enhance European Citizenship;
- Connecting Local Institutions with the European Union Policy. What can institutions (Universities, Associations, etc.) do to promote the European Citizenship.
There will be also various side actions during the day.
The meeting will end up with a round table for the partners focused on project results and follow up measures.
- Dissemination of the event’s & project’s goals through the kick-off meeting and the press conference
- Promotion of the project through the web platform
- Promotion of civic and democratic participation through educational content of the platform
- Greater amount of people who are not active in the democratic life of the EU (e.g. voting) reached through the promotion of the project.
if you want to read more about the past meetings.