administrative assistance sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Agrupamento de Escolas n.º 1 de Gondomar took the role of intermediary partner for group of people from Godomar, Portugal in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. During the project named “Mission Possible: New Work and Country” we hosted 10 selected participants. The internship was in the field of administrative assistance, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian approach.
The subject of the placement for participants was administrative work in the office and secretaries. The interns had the opportunity to learn skills needed for a future professional career in this field. The internships were located in the town of Barcellona P.G.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
- nterpersonal and team-working skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- Strong research skills, by collecting, organizing, understanding and using data
- Knowledge and understanding of the core principles of economic situations in SMEs and the nature of market economy;
- Understanding the concept of economic efficiency and the profit maximization principles within a SME;
- Understand the motivations and consequences of trade agreements during the financial decision making;
- Ability of independent working and implementation of tasks related to economic sector;
- Improvement of communicational and interpersonal skills;
- Compare the economic trends of the host country with the country of origin;
- Analyse mathematical and statistical reasoning;
- Critical thinking about the economic context of the market and competitors.
- Daily office tasks: typing, filing, answering telephone calls, operating the switchboard;
- Maintenance of the office;
- Handling of correspondence and emails;
- Meeting organizing
- Handling of various administrative tasks upon the request of the supervisor
- Monitoring the economic trends of the hosting enterprise;
- Conducting research related to the competitive enterprises of the sector (examine market decisions, price analysis, competitive products etc.);
- Collecting and analysing data needed;
- Marketing promotion of the enterprise;
- Recording and merchandise ordering.
Evaluation of the project
The evaluation of the project is excellent. Employees of the “A Rocca” Association and persons involved in this project hope it was a rich and useful experience for all the participants. The monitoring team did its best in order to satisfy the expectations of each participant and to ensure the communication with the sending organization at each stage of the project.
Participants had chance to see the way of working in Sicily. Certainly, they had an opportunity to get to know a lot of useful information about the functioning of Sicilian enterprises, which are related to administrative work. Those participants who had a previous experience in the field of administrative work also could compare all the similarities and differences of these related enterprises in Sicily and Portugal. All participants gained valuable experience in working in team, cooperation with colleagues and individual work according to the individual skills of the each candidate.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Most importantly the participants gained professionally experience in their sector and they will be more competitive in the labour market in Portugal.
Our monitoring team did its best in order to satisfy the expectations of each participant. We were always ready to offer help, advice and solve any doubts with our guaranteed 24-hour availability; in any case they needed some assistance. Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project. According to their opinion, it was an interesting and useful experience. We hope they found inspiration and got new ideas about how to deal with their future career in their country!