From the 24th of February to the 24th of March, EProjectConsult and “A Rocca”, in cooperation with Zespół Szkół Elektrycznych im. Tadeusza Kościuszki w Opolu, hosted 10 students and two teachers from Opole, Poland in the frame of Erasmus+ KA1 Mobility project for higher education students and staff. The project was titled “Najlepsi Informatycy w Europie”, where participants had the chance to learn the process of creating a website from scratch, as well as developing their skills in other IT- and ICT-related areas. Internship was implemented in the town of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto.
Their instructor was Emanuele Torre who has many years of experience in creating and designing websites, and he helped them all the way throughout the process. During their time, the students have gained valuable experience in their professions, as well as learning about the Italian way of work and organisation.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Etna, Catania, Savoca, Taormina, Siracusa, Noto, Castroleare and Jalari Park Museum and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
Skills and professional competences acquired:
- Knowledge in HTML, WordPress CMS, SEO, CSS.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the field related.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: learning on developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Development of specialized Italian language skills.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Developing social perspectives and being aware of reactions of other co-workers and supervisors.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made.
Language skills and competences:
- Skill to use in practice, in the work environment Italian language
- Knowledge and skill to use the Italian terminology related to the IT profession
- Organizational skills and competences:
- Get to know and use in practice the rules of the organization and work culture in Italy
- Ability to organize the workplace according to the occupational safety and health rules and the tasks realization according to the work plan
- Ability to effectively to communicate and cooperate on the team
Social skills and competences:
- Development of intercultural competence through the work and leisure time activities in the international group
- Information about the situation and employment opportunities on the European labor market
- Increase the vocational competences, mobility and motivation to work on the European labor marketAt the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
- We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in in the Polish labour market.EProjectConsult wishes them good luck in their future paths!