carpentry, building construction and interior decoration sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Šiauliai Vocational Education and Training Centre hosted a group from Šiauliai, Lithuania in the frame of Erasmus+ programme.
We hosted 6 selected participants during the project named “International Mobility for Professional Improvement and Development of Entrepreneurship”. The internship were in the fields of carpentry, building construction and interior decoration, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Etna, Catania and Milazzo, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Skills and professional competences acquired: CARPENTRY
- Making and maintenance of pieces of wood used in construction (the stairs, doors, windows, flooring, built-in wardrobes, etc)
- Execution and maintenance of furniture and decorative ordinary
- Execution and maintenance of wooden objects of everyday use (frames, musical instruments, etc)
renewal and maintenance of wooden antiques
Skills and professional competences acquired – INTERIOR DESIGN SKILLS AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION SKILLS
- Ability to develop performance-based solutions to technical design problems. Includes being able to innovate and think creatively in the technical design process, and to use drawing as a means of exploring and resolving technical problems.
- Understanding of theory, principles and science in the technical design process includes being able to undertake research and investigation as part of the technical design process.
- Ability to use measurement and calculation accurately and consistently in the technical design process
- Understanding of traditional and innovative building materials and technology
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of environmental design
- Ability to produce technical drawings, specifications, compliance reports, and other written technical documentation
- Knowledge of the history and evolution of construction technology
- Ability to collaborate effectively in the architectural design process
- Ability to coordinate and integrate structural and building services design inputs
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate”.
Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labor market in Lithuania.
Consequently, the participants were satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with ŠIAULIAI VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CENTRE.