Mechanics and Automotive Engineering sector
EProjectConsult and “A Rocca”, in cooperation with Ergastiriako Kentro Kastorias, hosted from the 9th of March to 21st of March 2015 a group of people from Kastoria, Greece in the frame of Erasmus+, KA1 Mobility project for VET learners and staff. During the project named “New skills acquisition for VET students” we hosted 12 selected participants. The training programme was addressed to students of the speciality of Mechanics and Automotive Engineering and it was including study visits with a company specialized in Renewable Energies, as well as two visits in companies about Car Dealership and Service.
Regarding the sector of Automotive Engineering, participants implemented study visits in car service enterprise and car dealership enterprise as well. These study visits gave to participants the opportunity to learn more about the latest developments and new technologies in the automotive sector. In addition, through the study visit to car service enterprise, they gained practical knowledge of control, maintenance and repair of vehicles.
The main collaborator company was ‘Tecnologie Solari Sicilia’. The company is located in Messina, which is the capital of the Sicilian province of Messina. Its main aim, since 2005, is to contribute to make housing and companies with zero energy costs, through the use of renewable energy sources. The company is implementing a lot of renewable energy sources projects around Sicily. Participants had the chance to attend theoretical courses, as well as to implement study visits about photovoltaics, heat pumps, plumbing, solar thermal systems and chillers.
Skills and competences acquired related to Technologies of Energy:
- Understanding of the available technology;
- Knowledge of electric generators, the distribution networks of power;
- Understanding of Solar Energy Technology operations: Photo-voltaic systems, solar thermal technology, Heat Pump systems
- Refrigeration plants systems;
- Plumbing systems operation;
- Electric operations of plants: maintenance and repair activities, preventive tasks, troubleshooting and diagnoses;
- Operation of gas in a proper, safe, reliable, and efficient manner;
- Energy sector economics: supply chain management and sustainable development, regulations and safety standards, distribution networks and energy policy issues.
Skills and competences related to Automotive Engineering:
- Automotive services and repairs by performance problems and services requested;
- Checking vehicle maintenance records;
- Equipment maintenance issues;
- Identifying warranty and service contract coverage;
- Estimating problems by the symptoms and how to deal with them;
- Taking car test;
- Identifying dealership policy and supply issues;
After the project was implemented, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in the Greek labor market. EProjectConsult wishes you good luck in your future paths!