Food Technology sector
Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult, in cooperation with 6th EPAL ESPERINO LARISSA, Greece hosted 15 selected participants from the 4th of April till the 19th of April 2016, in the frame of Erasmus+, KA1. The subject of the project was about food technology.
In order to meet the needs of the project, the programme was containing study visits to local factories and companies in order to meet the companies’ representatives to exchange innovative technology. Moreover, the programme was containing two training sessions regarding the food technology in Italy. The training programme was implemented in Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto and the nearby towns of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. In total, participants visited 6 companies including orange and mandarin processing, vine industry, agriculture, conservation machineries, organic farming and bakery.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
Skills and professional competencies acquired:
- Improved skills and competencies of participants in the food technology sector;
- improved the quality of, and access to, continuing vocational training and the lifelong acquisition of skills and competencies with a view to developing adaptability;
- promoted and reinforced contribution of vocational training in the process of innovation,
- improved competitiveness and entrepreneurship, and also the potential for new employment possibilities;
- enriched linguistic and cultural knowledge about Italy;
- Acquisition of knowledge and experiences, exchange of ideas, and knowhow for good practices in approaches, supporting structures for students and co-operation with local factories and businesses;
- Promoted and reinforced contribution of training in the process of innovation related to food technology;
- Promotion of European values about mobility, cultural exchange and cooperation between different countries.
After the project was implemented, participants received “A Rocca mobility certificate”. We are satisfied because due to their participation in the programme, the participants gained worthy experience. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable to implement in their school. EProjectConsult wishes them good luck in their future paths!