The team of the Ass. Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with Raahen koulutuskuntayhtymä hosted a group from Raahen, Finland in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. We hosted 3 selected participants during the project named “WosCos+”. The internship were in the field of hairdressing, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Taormina and Savoca, Jalari Park and Castroreale, Etna and Catania, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
Skills and professional competences acquired: hairdressing
- Professional use of the equipment in hairdresser’s salon
- Using formulas to perform hairdressing treatments
- Performing hair care treatments
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers’ instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Analyze patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labor market in Finland.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with Raahen koulutuskuntayhtymä.