The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Krušnohorský Vzdělávací a Okrašlovací Spolek took the role of intermediary partner for group of people from Most, Czech Republic in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. During the project named “Evropské Odborné Stáže”. We hosted 6 selected students and 1 accompanying person of these students. The internship was in the sector of agriculture, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian techniques.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Etna, Catania, Savoca and Taormina and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
Job-related skills and competences:
- Skills to determining and using the tools and equipment needed to do a gardener job
- Identify the soil, rating agricultural value and prepare for growing crops
- Classify fertilizers and evaluate their effects on soil and plants
- Identify seeds and species of ornamental and horticultural plants
- Development of horticulture skills in planting, weeding, pruning, transplanting seedling
- The skills to control pests without using pesticides
- Basic research skills, for seeing a problem and decide how to find the proper solution.
- Skills to observation for checking to see how a remedy is working
- Using methods to cultivation of lawns
- Skills and inspirations in garden design
Language skills and competences:
- Skill to use in practice, in the work environment Italian language
- Knowledge and skill to use the Italian terminology related to the gardener profession
- Organisational skills and competences:
- Get to know and use in practice the rules of the organization and work culture in Italy
- Ability to organize the workplace according to the occupational safety and health rules and the tasks realization according to the workplan
- Ability to effectively to communicate and cooperate on the team
Social skills and competences:
- Development of intercultural competence through the work and leisure time activities in the international group
- Information about the situation and employment opportunities on the Europen labor market
- Increase the vocational competences, mobility and motivation to work on the European labor market
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate”. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in the Czech Republic labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them good luck in their future paths!