Tourism and Destination Development sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with Campus Varberg, hosted the participant Elin Samuelsson from Varberg, Sweden for the project, in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. The project code was 2015-1-SE01-KA102-012152. The internship was in the field of Tourism and Destination Development. The participant gained experience in her field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time the participant had a chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Mount Etna and Catania. The participant also got acquainted with the famous Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that her experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in many different ways.
Job duties, skills, and professional competences acquired in the Tourism and Destination Development sector:
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the Tourism and Destination Development sector
- Gaining knowledge about professional hospitality and tourism industry terminology and using it in practice
- Improving communication skills, taking into consideration business etiquette and cultural differences
- Learning to manage effective communication with visitors and colleagues.
- Offering high quality customer service
- Improving foreign language skills and learning about multicultural communication.
- Performing various tasks related to the Tourism and Destination sector
- Gaining knowledge about how the business within the museum is managed
- Participating in project planning and service development
- Translation tasks and communication with foreign partners
At the end of the project, the participant received “A Rocca” placement certificate” and an Europass Certificate.
Most importantly the participant gained professional experience in her sector, and she will now be more competitive in the labor market in Sweden.
Consequently, the participant seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from her evaluation it is clear that she felt it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with Campus Varberg.