The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Fundacja “Zielony Słoń” took the role of intermediary partner for 12 persons from Lublin, Poland in the frame of Erasmus+ programme during the project named “Praktyki gastronomiczne na Sycylii”.
From the 22nd of January to the 22nd of February 2017 we hosted 12 selected participants. Their internship was in the sector of gastronomy, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian techniques.
During participants’ stay in Sicily we provided them with an Italian language course for elementary level. Their teacher was Anna, who has a great experience working with foreign students. The language course was composed of 4 lessons, each of active learning and interactive practicing.
In their free time the participants had a chance to visit some fabulous places in Sicily and to know Italian and Sicilian cuisine thanks to local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was helpful and culturally fulfilling.
Job duties, skills, and professional competences acquired:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Understanding and using professional dress code and hygiene.
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
- Understanding the importance of work preparations and execution of process.
- Understanding and executing preparatory work for effective service.
- Understanding the importance of effective cooperation with others
- Understand and use different service techniques at working area, at presence of the quest or without it.
- Understand table cloth lore and table armchair standards in the restaurant and banquet area. Using simple forms of table decoration.
- Understand service techniques and process of guest care.
- Take orders and advise guests on meal selection. Understanding and handling the sales tools.
- Understanding different culinary cultures and quests with different eating habits.
- Understand national and international standards of the glass culture and use it in catering business.
- Knowledge of small indoor events organization and execution from the catering point of view.
- Understand and using professional dress code and hygiene.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
- Understand and executing process of ordering, delivery and storage of goods and materials.
- Understand the importance of auditing purchasing and sale process in working unit.
- Performe stock and inventory management.
- Understand the importance of work preparations and execution of process.
- Understand and executing preparatory work for effective service.
- Understand and executing storage for effective work.
- Understand the importance of effective cooperation with other departments. Executing effective cooperation with other department.
- Recognize environmental and health protecting standards.
- Recognize and follow health and safety regulations for accident prevention, safety and emergency procedures.
At the end of the project, the participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in Polish labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them a good luck in their future paths!