gastronomy and agribusiness sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Zespół Szkół Ogólnokształcących i Zawodowych im. Stefana Kardynała Wyszyńskiego w Czyżewie hosted a group from Czyżew, Poland, in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. We hosted 21 selected participants and one teacher during the project named “ZSOiZ w Czyżewie ku zjednoczonej Europie”.
The duration of the project was one month, from the 5th of February to the 5th of March 2017. The internships were in the field of gastronomy and agribusiness. The students gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
n the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Mount Etna, Taormina, Palermo, Cefalu and Milazzo. The participants also got acquainted with the famous Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in many ways.
Skills and professional competences acquired: Gastronomy sector
- Understanding and using different service techniques at working area, also in presence of the guests.
- Understanding the table cloth lore and table armchair standards in the restaurant and banquet area. Using simple forms of table decoration.
- Understanding service techniques and the process of guest care.
- Taking orders and advising guests on meal selections. Understanding and handling the sales tools.
- Understanding different culinary cultures and guests with different eating habits.
- Understanding national and international standards of the glass culture and using it in catering business.
- Knowledge of small indoor events, organization and execution from the catering point of view.
- Understanding and using professional dress code and hygiene.
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
- Understanding and executing process of ordering, delivery and storage of goods and materials.
- Understanding the importance of auditing purchasing and sale process in working unit.
- Performing stock and inventory management.
- Understanding the importance of work preparations and execution of process.
- Understanding and executing preparatory work for effective service.
- Understanding and executing storage for effective work.
- Understanding the importance of effective cooperation with other departments. Executing effective cooperation with other departments.
- Recognizing environmental and health protecting standards.
- Recognizing and following health and safety regulations for accident prevention, safety and emergency procedures.
Skills and professional competences acquired: agribusiness sector
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the field of Agriculture
- Gaining knowledge about Bio Agriculture
- Learning more about classical mythology, history, philosophy, science, art and many other things related to agriculture
- Gaining knowledge of naturally grown food, free of genetic modification and chemicals.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca” placement certificate”.
Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labor market in Poland.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with Zespół Szkół Ogólnokształcących i Zawodowych im. Stefana Kardynała Wyszyńskiego w Czyżewie.