The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Staatliche Gewerbeschule Gastronomie und Ernährung Hamburg took the role of intermediary partner for 2 persons from Hamburg, Germany in the frame of Erasmus+ programme during the project named “Mobilität in der dualen Ausbildung des hamburgischen Hotel- und Gaststättengewerbes 2015-2017 + 2016-2018”.
From the 16th of January to the 5th of February 2017 we hosted 2 selected participants. Their internship was in the sector of gastronomy, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian techniques.
In their free time the participants had a chance to visit some fabulous places in Sicily and to know Italian and Sicilian cuisine thanks to local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was helpful and culturally fulfilling.
Job duties, skills, and professional competences acquired:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Understanding and using professional dress code and hygiene.
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
- Understanding the importance of work preparations and execution of process.
- Understanding and executing preparatory work for effective service
- Understanding the importance of effective cooperation with others
At the end of the project, the participants received “A Rocca placement certificate”. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in German labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them a good luck in their future paths!