The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department hosted 1 selected participant from Hamburg, Germany in the frame of Erasmus+ programme with the project named “Mobilität in der dualen Ausbildung des hamburgischen Hotel- und Gaststättengewerbes 2015-2017 + 2016-2018”. The internship was in the field of cooking, thereby he gained experience in his field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time he had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that his experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the gastronomy sector
- Understanding and using different service techniques at the working area, also in the presence of guests.
- Understanding table cloth lore and table armchair standards in the restaurant and banquet area. Using simple forms of table decoration.
- Understanding service techniques and the process of guest care.
- Taking orders and advising guests on meal selections. Understanding and handling the sales tools.
- Understanding different culinary cultures and guests with different eating habits.
- Understanding national and international standards of the glass culture and use it in the catering business.
- Gaining knowledge of the organization and execution of small indoor events, from the catering point of view.
- Understanding and using professional dress code and hygiene.
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure work environment.
- Understanding and executing the process of ordering, delivering and storing goods and materials.
- Understanding the importance of auditing purchasing and sale process in the working unit.
- Performing stock and inventory management.
- Understanding the importance of work preparations and execution of process.
- Understanding and executing preparatory work for effective service.
- Understanding and executing storage for effective work.
- Understanding the importance of effective cooperation with other departments. Executing effective cooperation with other department.
- Recognizing environmental and health protecting standards.
- Recognizing and following health and safety regulations for accident prevention, safety and emergency procedures.
At the end of the project, the participant received “A Rocca” placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Most importantly the participant gained professional experience in his sector, so that he will be more competitive in the labor market in Germany.
Consequently, the participant seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from his evaluations it is clear that he felt it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with.