Car mechanical and mechanical technician sector
From 15th of May until 12th of June 2016 the team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with Zespół Szkół Nr 2 im. Grzegorza z Sanoka w Sanoku, took the role of intermediary partner for group of people from Sanok, Poland in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. During the project named “Praktyka zawodowa w Portugalii, Hiszpanii i Włoszech szansą lepszego startu zawodowego dla uczniów Zespołu Szkół nr 2 w Sanoku” we hosted 16 selected participants and 2 accompany persons. The internship were in the field of the car mechanical and mechanical technician, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Palermo, Cefalu, Etna, Catania, Aeolian Islands (Lipari and Volcano), Jalari Park Museum, Milazzo, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
Job-related skills and competences: Car Mechanic
- Installing air conditioning systems, replacing brakes and even building engines and transmissions
- Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Understanding of these mechanical components and the electrical and computer control systems that can cause them to malfunction
Language skills and competences:
- Skill to use in practice, in the work environment Italian language
- Knowledge and skill to use the Italian terminology related to the car mechanic profession
Organisational skills and competences:
- Time Management: Learning how to manage the schedule client appointments.
- Get to know and use in practice the rules of the organization and work culture in Italy
- Ability to organize the workplace according to the occupational safety and health rules and the tasks realization according to the workplan
- Ability to effectively to communicate and cooperate on the team
Social skills and competences:
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperate in the team
- Development of intercultural competences through the work and leisure time activities in the international group.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca” placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labor market in Poland.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with Zespół Szkół Nr 2 im. Grzegorza z Sanoka w Sanoku.