food technology sector
Team of Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with 2 EK Peiraia took a role of intermediary partner for the group of people from Piraeus, Greece in the frame of Erasmus+ programme during the project named “5 Stars Traineeship”.
From the 6th of November to the 21st of November 2016 we hosted 10 selected participants and 2 accompanying persons. The project was in the sector of food technology, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies, interests and become acquainted with the traditional Sicilian and Italian techniques.
In their free time they had a chance to visit some fabulous places in Sicily, including Jalari Park, Castroreale, Messina, Palermo, Cefalù, Syracusa, Noto, Etna Volcano, Catania, Taormina, Savoca, Tindari, Marinello natural reserve and to know Italian cuisine thanks to local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was helpful and culturally fulfilling.
- Use of personal experiences;
- Development of personality;
- Increase the level of self-esteem and the feeling of security;
- Feedback and redefining the original objectives of the apprenticeship;
- Development of critical and mature thinking;
- Development of team spirit, cooperation and adaptability, and finally,
- Improving intercultural and language skills of the participants.
Job-related skills and competences:
- Awareness of growing and production techniques, organic crops, raw materials, harvest, packaging and marketing of food products;
- Application of specific methods through which the processing takes place;
- Acquaintance with quality of control techniques and characteristics of organic farming;
- Understanding of economic development in the food industry and its importance.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in Greek labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them good luck in their future paths!