hostels, travel agencies, tour operators or wine houses sector
From 1st September – 14th September, “The Italian learning experience in the development and marketing of touristic products” project was implemented. EProjectConsult hosted 10 businesspeople in the framework of the Lifelong Learning Programme VETPRO in cooperation with Bulgaria Economic Forum. The group consisted of managers, owners and supervisors of the companies. Participants had the opportunity to learn techniques practiced in Sicily for the development and marketing of touristic products which will ultimately help them in their professional career. The visits took place in 11 enterprises in the region of Sicily such as hostels, travel agencies, tour operators or wine houses.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
- Improved cross-cultural communication skills;
- Became acquainted with services offered and products produced in the tourism industry as well as the marketing techniques of touristic products;
- Greater awareness of country- and culture-specific skills and needs;
- Identification of new and effective practices and/or strategies for sustainable growth in the field;
- Gained business knowledge (e.g. transfer of know-how).
- Improved critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Acquired strategic thinking ability (e.g. encourage sustainable network and partnerships beyond national boundaries);
- Acquisition of specialized English language skills and improved Italian language skills for some participants.
Moreover, EProjectConsult always combines learning with pleasure, that is why we have organized few trips for the participants to Castroreale, Milazzo, Jalari Park Museum and to Aeolian Island.
In conclusion, participants had the opportunity to explore new horizons by fully integrating in Sicilian culture and meeting many new friends from Italy and from the other parts of world. However, more importantly, participants gained professional experience in tourism sector that will help them to become more competitive in the labour market in Bulgaria. After the project was finished, participants received a “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. Employees of the “A Rocca” Association and people involved in this project hope that it was a rich and useful experience for everybody.