Duration, dates, participants
The duration of the project was three weeks. Participants were 14 people from Slovakia.
The following participants who worked in the fields of Cooking and Gardening had performed their mobility in the town of Terme Vigliatore from the 8th to the 29th of September 2013.
- Adam Bernat
- Ceploova Nikola
- Erik Juhas
- Ferkova Adriana
- Gyenesova Maria
- Kiralova Lucia
- Kovacova Veronika
- Mateova Simona
- Petiova Darina
- Robert Alzo
- Roland Chymal
- Rusnakova Jana
- Tkac Filip
- Vyrostkova Michaela
Preparation of the mobility project
In order to make a cooperation between both organizations more effective, to guarantee the best quality of the project and to satisfy participant’s expectations and needs, we have elaborated the program of the visit together. We have exchanged e-mails in order to discuss the aims of the project, to elaborate the plan of activities, to explain all the doubts and to answer to all the questions.
Arrival of the participants
The group arrived at the airport of Catania on the 8th of September and they be transferred by a private bus at the town of Terme Vigliatore. The stuff of EprojectConsult welcomed the group both at the airport and at the town of Terme Vigliatore, where they leaded the group to their apartments. At the same day, as they arrived early in the morning, they had an informative welcome meeting, designed to give the participants all information they require during their stay in Sicily. They received also a brochure with all necessary information. They were acquainted with the EprojectConsult team, their future tasks and obligations, also had the introduction to the Italian culture, language and all hospitalities of Terme Vigliatore.
Accommodation of the participants
Participants of the project were accommodated in four apartments in the town of Terme Vigliatore. Terme Vigliatore is located in the north coast of Sicily and it belongs to the Province of Messina. It is a comune (municipality) located about 160 km east of Palermo and about 35 km west of Messina. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 6,716 and an area of 13.4 km².
As we said, there were two types of traineeships: Cooking and Gardening. The interns had the opportunity to learn whatever is needed for their own professional careers. The placements were located in various relative enterprises in the town of Terme Vigliatore.
More specifically the placements for each participant:
- Adam Bernat – Worked as Gardener at Pollice Verde di Maio Tindaro. Working Hours: 07:15-12:30, from Tuesday to Friday
- Ceploova Nikola – Worked as Gardener at Pollice Verde di Maio Tindaro. Working Hours: 07:15-12:30, from Tuesday to Friday
- Erik Juhas – Worked as Cooker at Rhodis SRL Restaurant. Working Hours: 18:00-23:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Ferkova Adriana – Worked as Cooker at Rhodis SRL Restaurant. Working Hours: 10:00-15:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Gyenesova Maria – Worked as Cooker at Saitta SAS di Giuseppe Saitta & C. Ristorazione & Alberghi Hotel. Working Hours: 07:00-12:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Kiralova Lucia – Worked as Gardener at “Azienda Agricola di Buttò Antonino”. Working Hours: 06:30-10:30, from Tuesday to Friday
- Kovacova Veronika – Worked as Gardener at “Agricola di Alesci Maria”. Working Hours: 07:30-11:30, from Tuesday to Friday
- Mateova Simona – Worked as Gardener at Azienda Agricola di Buttò Antonino. Working Hours: 06:30-10:30, from Tuesday to Friday
- Petiova Darina – Worked as Cooker at Rhodis SRL Restaurant. Working Hours: 10:00-15:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Robert Alzo – Worked as Cooker at Rhodis SRL Restaurant. Working Hours: 18:00-23:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Roland Chymal – Worked as Cooker at Saitta SAS di Giuseppe Saitta & C. Ristorazione & Alberghi Hotel. Working Hours: 07:00-12:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Rusnakova Jana – Worked as Gardener at Agricola di Alesci Maria. Working Hours: 07:30-11:30, from Tuesday to Friday
- Tkac Filip – Worked as Cooker at Mojito’s Cafè Bar/Restaurant. Working Hours: 07:00-12:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
- Vyrostkova Michaela – Worked as Cooker at Mojito’s Cafè Bar/Restaurant. Working Hours: 07:00-12:00, from Tuesday to Saturday
During the weekends and their leisure time, the participants had a very interesting intercultural program: excursions, Happy Hours etc. Our participants had the opportunity to explore beauty of Sicily by visiting such places as Milazzo, Etna, Palermo, Cefalù and Taormina.
Evaluation of the project
The evaluation of the project is excellent. Employees of the A Rocca Association and persons involved in this project hope it was an enriched and useful experience for all the participants. The monitoring team did its best in order to satisfy the expectations of each participant and to ensure the communication with the sending organization at each stage of the project. In order to reach this, there were two days of evaluation, one after the first week and the other at the final days.
In each training place, the participants had regular meetings with the mentor at work and the weekly meeting with the tutor from Artistical Association A Rocca, so that timely identify any difficulties which the intern or enterprise may face in the every day cooperation.
Participants had chance to see the way of working in Sicily. Certainly, they had an opportunity to get to know a lot of useful information about the functioning of Sicilian enterprises related to Cooking and Gardening. They also could compare all the similarities and differences of these enterprises of Sicilian and Slovakian. Participants gained professionally experience in their sector, so that they will be able in the future to deal with the Cooking and Gardening respectively as professionals with inestimable experience acquired.
All participants gained worthy experience by working in team, cooperation with colleagues and individual work according to the individual skills of the each candidate.
At the end of the project, participants received A Rocca placement certificate.
Our monitoring team did its best in order to satisfy the expectations of each participants. We were always ready to offer help, advices and solve any doubts; since our office had guaranteed a 24-hour availability, in any case they needed some assistance.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project. According to their opinion, it was an interesting and useful experience. We hope they found inspiration and got new ideas about how to deal with their future career in their country. We are satisfied because due to the participation in the programme, the participants could enrich their professional experience.
Moreover, participants had opportunity to explore new horizons by fully integrating in Sicilian culture and meeting many new friends from Italy and from the other parts of world. In addition, all the group of participants had become good friends, is still meeting each other and exchanging their experiences after the project.
Our team is extremely satisfied with the participant’s involvement in the project and personal interest of each person entailed.
We hope we can continue our successful cooperation with Stredná odborná škola poľnohospodárstva a služieb na vidieku Slovakian school.