Successful People Never Stop Learning…
In our modern time things are constantly changing and new trends are appearing steadily in daily life: communication, fashion, education, and of course in labor market. New technologies are spreading around and getting even into the smallest enterprises forcing to change traditional way of working and thinking of current employees.
Being able to adapt easily to change and welcoming increased responsibility are absolutely necessary for professional advancement and stable employment.
Hence, it is incredibly important to show to your current or future employer your willingness to learn and improve professional skills daily. It is more than just a strategy to get hired or promoted, it is a way to succeed at workplace and to open the gates to new opportunities.
So, here are few tips on: “How to show to your boss the willingness to learn?”
- Get involved: Joining industry associations is a good way to learn new skills and keep up to date on the trends affecting your profession. Moreover, it will give a comprehensive and deep vision of your own job. This kind of thing will not be left without attention.
- Volunteer: Volunteering for a nonprofit organization can help you hone your skills. In addition, these types of experiences provide opportunities for you to grow and learn.
- Keep learning and educating yourself: Earning an advanced degree or certification is a good way to demonstrate to employers your willingness to continue learning new skills. It also helps cement your expertise within your field.
- Communication skills: When communicating in the workplace, it is important to observe body language, make eye contact and listen fully to what the other person is saying. When speaking to important audiences, it can also be helpful to rehearse what you’re going to say. Work on your public speaking skill will be definitely noticed and appreciated.
- Think long term: You always want to be thinking about the big picture. This type of mind-set can help you make more strategic decisions and put you in a better position to get ahead. Make a continuous plan of your own development – set a goal to reach. This feature will relieve your strong motivation to grow.
- Be Flexible: If you’re flexible, let them know. If you can work late, can do overtime, or can work weekends or travel if you need to, tell them. Don’t appear too eager because they may not have any need for you to work extra hours. But by letting them know of your availability, you present yourself as an attractive employee.
Just following these simple tips, you will be able to increase your chances to be noticed and to get some nice opportunities to move forward on your career path!