Increasing Volunteers' Skills across Europe – InVolvE
Involve is an organisation that has been running for the past 18 months. It is a specialised training programme for volunteers and it enhances the quality of volunteer training. The principal mechanism to achieve this goal would be the development of a strategic partnership, this increases their capacity to operate at transnational level.By doing so, it would eventually allow the participant organisations to share their aims, confront ideas, practices and methods in this specific field of adult education.
- Identify at least two national best practices by each partner and prepare a summary paper to inform the partnership;
- Organise an internet based platform for knowledge exchange and internal communication which will allow the involvement of partners to be active in the project;
- Organise two Learning/Teaching/Training activities.
- Establish visibility of the running project in each partner context;
- Prepare evidence regarding the knowledge transfer and innovation and putting them into practice according to the specific characteristics of each partner organisation;
- Organise four dissemination activities/multiplier events by each partner.
- Avoids waste scarce resources (including a volunteer’s time) and trigger a readiness to learn;
- Deals with the volunteer’s problems, contributes to overcome them and tries to ensure that training participants are highly attuned to the volunteering environment;
- Meets situation and circumstances that are very damaging to volunteer motivation, internal morale and external image.
The partnership and knowledge sharing project is focused on effective soft skill training needs of volunteers and on the intention to include soft skills are on a training’s agendas in each partner institution.