EProjectConsult has hosted Greek participants in the frame of Erasmus+ Programme aimed at VET learners and staff. In cooperation with Ergastiriako Kentro Verias, the “From Production to Processing and Marketing” Project was implemented in the Sicily. The duration of the project was for 2 weeks, from 10th November 2014 until 24th November 2014. The subject of the placement for participants was agronomy, food technology and sustenance. The interns had the opportunity to improve skills needed for a future professional career in the field of their studies.
Internship in the Agriculture Sector – Students were placed in SMEs where it was possible to deal with the agricultural business fields of those enterprises, including food production procedures and techniques, machinery used, biological production & consumption, company strategies and other.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
- Getting information about the cultivation techniques resulting from collaboration with agronomist in the organic.
- Learning about Bio Agriculture, traditional food production in Sicily and the benefits of biological product consumption.
- Gaining experience in their field of studies and becoming acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian techniques.
- Having the opportunity to visit many local businesses and organizations that trade in the fields of agronomy, food technology and sustenance.
- Attending to theoretical course on wine production was held in the office of ‘A Rocca’. Being informed by professional agronomist about the procedure of making vineyards, biological production, quality control, product standardization, marketing plan/export plan.
- Attending the procedure of vinification, aging, bottling and wine-tasting.
In conclusion, we were very happy to meet and host participants of Erasmus+ program. The evaluation of the project is excellent. At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that the knowledge and skills acquired here will be helpful in their future paths!