management and accounting
EProjectConsult and “A Rocca”, in cooperation with IES ANGEL GANIVET hosted from the 10th of October to the 20 of December 2015 a group of students from Granada, Spain in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. During the project named “Hacia un Futuro Europeo para la Formación” we hosted 7 selected participants. The internship were in the field of management and accounting, thereby they gained working experience in their professional field and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Skills acquired – Accounting and Management
- Gained knowledge and understanding of the core principles of economic situations in SMEs and the nature of market economy.
- Gained understanding in the concept of economic efficiency and the profit maximization principles within a SME.
- Gained understanding the motivations and consequences of trade agreements during the financial decision making.
- Learnt the ability of independent working and implementation of tasks related to economic sector.
- Improved communicational and interpersonal skills.
- Compared the economic trends of Italy and Spain.
- Analysed mathematical and statistical reasoning.
- Strengthened research skills, by collecting, organizing, understanding and using data.
- Improved critical thinking about the economic context of the market and competitors.
- Improved the linguistic competences of the participant in a foreign language.
- Put into practice the theoretical knowledge acquired by the participant during the learning period.
- Expanded computer knowledge and use different computer programs according the company needs.
- Learnt new working methods used in Italy and the management of documents required in a foreign company.
- Improved relational skills to interact with customers and colleagues at work.
- Acquired new knowledges and experiences which will be useful for gaining access to the labour market.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labour market in Spain.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with the IES Ángel Gavinet school.