hairdresser, mechanic and electrician sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with Instituto De Fomento, Empleo y Formación Del Ayuntamiento De CÁDIZ hosted a group from Cádiz, Spain in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. We hosted 4 selected participants during the project named “Proyecto CÁDIZ Jóvenes Europeos”. The internship was in the sectors of hairdresser, mechanic and electrician, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Jalari and Park Museum, Taormina and Savoca, Siracusa and Noto, Aeolian Islands, Palermo and Cefalu, Etna and Catania, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
Language skills and competences:
- Skill to use in practice, in the work environment Italian language.
- Knowledge and skill to use the Italian terminology related to the sectors of hairdresser, mechanic and electrician.
Social skills and competences:
- Development of intercultural competence through the work and leisure time activities in the international group.
- Information about the situation and employment opportunities on the Europen labor market.
- Increase the vocational competences, mobility and motivation to work on the European labor market.
Skills and professional competences acquired: Car Mechanic
- Installing air conditioning systems, replacing brakes and even building engines and transmissions
- Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Understanding of these mechanical components and the electrical and computer control systems that can cause them to malfunction
Skills and professional competences acquired: Hairdresser
- Selecting and using instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation.
- Knowledge of technical methods related to dye and tint hair.
- Being aware of the customers’ needs for each time and adjusting actions according to their needs.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Learning on selling or influencing others: convincing others to buy goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as beauty services provided.
Skills and professional competences acquired: Electrician
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in Spain labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them good luck in their future paths!