catering and hairdressing sector
On the 27th of September, 2015, the EProjectConsult International Department with cooperation with Stredná Odborná Školaszakközépiskola, welcomed 6 participants from the Erasmus+ programme, as part of the project “Increasing SOS Sala students’ employability, by developing professional knowledge and skills, in cooperation with educational and work placement partnerships”.
Five of the participants were either waiters or bartenders and thus have found placements in the fantastic restaurants and bars of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, while one participant had the chance to further her hairdressing skills at a highly professional saloon in the city.
To make their stay in Barcellona more memorable, all participants were invited to a free trip to the wonderful Parco Museo Jalari, where they had the chance to experience the annual Vendemmia event celebrating the wine making season with traditional music, dances and an unforgettable atmosphere.
The participants engaged in catering have learned a lot of useful skills in their professions, including:
- Learning the Italian ways of service as well as specialised Italian vocabulary related to their profession
- Getting to know the special Italian dishes and drinks, how they are made and how to serve them properly
- Preventing and dealing with problems between customers
- Preparing snacks and simple meals
- While in hairdressing, the following skills have been acquired during the four weeks spent here:
- Professional use of the equipment in hairdresser’s salon
- Using formulas to perform hairdressing treatments
- Performing hair care treatments
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers’ instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Analyze patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
We believe that the project has been highly successful, and we hope that it was a rich and useful experience to all participants. Employees of the “A Rocca” Association have done their best to satisfy all needs and requests from each and every participant, and to ensure that the communication with the sending organization is seamless. We were always ready to offer help, advice and solutions to all upcoming problems, while providing 24/7 availability in case any urgent assistance was needed.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labour market in Slovakia.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with Stredná Odborná Školaszakközépiskola!