From 28th of April until 12th of May 2016 the team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with Zespół Szkół Centrum Kształcenia Rolniczego im. Władysława Stanisława Reymonta w Dobryszycach took the role of intermediary partner for group of people from Dobryszyce, Poland in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. During the project named “Bliżej rynku pracy” we hosted 18 selected participants and 2 accompany persons. The internship were in the field of the catering, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Taormina, Palermo, Cefalù, and Jalari Park Museum, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in the cultural way.
Specific skills acquired – Catering:
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Developing specialized Italian language skills
- Gaining practical working experience: cooking with top chefs, learning to cook gourmet meals
- Observing Italian and Sicilian food and table decor techniques, comparing practices in different countries
- Getting to know the work organization in the catering service
- Using the machines and equipment in the kitchen
- Preparing soups and sauces, vegetable dishes
- Preparing dishes from flour and pasta
- Preparing dishes of meat, poultry, fish, cheese
- Preparing Italian national and traditional dishes such as: pizza, spagetti etc.
- Preparing the recipes in Italian language
- Arranging and decorating dishes
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca” placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Most importantly the participants gained professional experience in their sector, so that they will be more competitive in the labor market in Poland.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project, and from their evaluations it is clear that they feel it was an interesting and useful experience. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with Zespół Szkół Centrum Kształcenia Rolniczego im. Władysława Stanisława Reymonta w Dobryszycach.