EProjectConsult and “A Rocca”, in cooperation with ŁÓDZKA WOJEWÓDZKA KOMENDA OCHOTNICZYCH HUFCÓW PRACY, hosted from the 24th of April 2015 to the 15th of May 2015 a group of interns from Lodz, Poland in the frame of Erasmus+, KA1 Mobility Program. During the project named “Vocational practice in Italy – new quality of young workers in Lodz Province” we hosted 10 selected participants. The training programme was in the field of catering (cooks); thereby the interns gained experience in their field of studies and became acquainted with the practical knowledge of cook’s job position.
The participants had the opportunity to learn skills needed for a future professional career in this field. Their internships were located in following companies Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto in the following companies
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
Practical competences acquired:
- Work organization in the catering service: warehouse, production and expeditionary
- Using the machines and equipment in the kitchen
- Preparing soups and sauces, vegetable dishes
- Preparing dishes from flour and pasta
- Preparing dishes of meat, poultry, fish, cheese
- Preparing Italian national and traditional dishes such as: pizza, spagetti etc.
- Preparing the recipes in Italian language
- Arranging and decorating dishes
Skills and competences related to Catering sector:
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
After the project was implemented, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to be great cooks and to stand out in the Polish labor market. EProjectConsult wishes them all the best in their future career!