Management and Economics, Information Technology, Technician of Handmade Jewellery and Design Jewellery Sector
EProjectConsult and “A Rocca”, in cooperation with IEK of Galatsi, hosted from the 24th of March to 24th of May 2015 a group of people from Athens, Greece in the frame of Erasmus+, KA1 Mobility project for VET learners and staff. During the project named “Vocational practice in Italy and new horizons for young workers” we hosted 14 selected participants who made internships in local companies. The internships was addressed to students of the speciality of Management and Economics (5 participants), Information Technology (IT) (2 participants) and Technician of Handmade Jewellery and Design Jewellery (7 participants).
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, and know Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants.
Management and Economics sector:
- Monitoring the economic trends of the hosting enterprise;
- Conducting research related to the competitive enterprises of the sector (examine market decisions, price analysis, competitive products etc.);
- Collecting and analysing data needed;
- Marketing promotion of the enterprise;
- Recording and merchandise ordering;
- Creating statistical charts;
Skills and professional competences acquired:
- Knowledge and understanding of the core principles of economic situations in SMEs and the nature of market economy;
- Understanding the concept of economic efficiency and the profit maximization principles within a SME;
- Understand the motivations and consequences of trade agreements during the financial decision making;
- Ability of independent working and implementation of tasks related to economic sector;
- Improvement of communicational and interpersonal skills;
- Compare the economic trends of the host country with the country of origin;
- Analyse mathematical and statistical reasoning;
- Strong research skills, by collecting, organizing, understanding and using data;
- Critical thinking about the economic context of the market and competitors.
Information Technology (IT) sector:
- Development of the website of the company;
- Restore information from databases;
- Evaluation of the risk factors and providing the best solutions;
- Desiring the layout, navigation of websites, script conversions, creation of visual elements.
Skills and professional competences acquired:
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Risk analysis: Evaluation of the risk factors and providing the best solution.
- Knowlegde in HTML/CSS/Jquery API and both MySQL and PHP. Ability to use programs such as Photoshop;
- Skills in designing the layout, navigation of websites, script conversion, creation of visual elements, which include the font, the colour scheme, any graphics or other elements.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the field related.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: learning on developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to restore the information from the databases, debug skills
- Developing social perspectives and being aware of reactions of other co-workers and supervisors.
- Developing intercultural awareness, the respect of diversity and the values of solidarity.
- Learning on making Decisions and Solving Problems.
Technician of Handmade Jewellery and Design Jewellery sector:
- Creating jewelleries and artefacts (designing and painting);
- Implementing artistic workshops;
- Corrections and adjustments.
- Renovation of shop window
- Skills and professional competences acquired
Methods for jewellery wiring;
- Learning how to use useful tools for jewellery creation;
- Recognition the variety of metals and gems;
- Melting metals (gold and silver);
- Use of a special machine (cylinder) for processing – metal shaping (in the form of plate or wire) depending on the jewel material;
- Use of blades for cutting and molding of Jewelry plate;
- Use of flame cutting for gluing and compounding of jewelry (on metal).
- Use of famine (various sizes) for the grinding of metal or the shaping and molding of special flexible material (wax). Is used to highlight the details of jewelry;
- Use of emery for smoothing the scars of metals;
- Use of special engraving tools for making designs on the metal or wax;
- Use of polisher: Polishing Machine with special brushes and special soaps that come in contact with the jewelry.
After the project was implemented, participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in the Greek labor market. EProjectConsult wishes you good luck in your future paths!