Hairdressing & Graphic Design
What happened? Internship for VET students in the frame of Erasmus+ programme
Who was there? 14 awesome participants from Graz, Austria, including 12 students and 2 accompanying persons
When and where? From 25th of February to 13th of March 2018 in Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto.
Who organised? “A Rocca” NGO and its international department, EProjectConsult.
The name of the project? LBS 7 – SicilianExperience I
The results? The participants gained international experience along with the knowledge and skills on the job and got in touch with the traditional Italian and Sicilian culture. At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca” placement certificate and EUROPASS mobility certificates.
During their free time they had excursions to wonderful Sicilian destinations, such as Palermo, Cefalù, Etna and Taormina. In addition, they enjoyed Italian cuisine in local restaurants and had a traditional “aperitivo” with the team on their second evening in Barcellona P.G.
General Skills and competencies acquired:
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the field related;
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships: network with professionals working in another part of the world;
- Development of specialized Italian language skills.
- Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Developing social perspectives and being aware of reactions of other co-workers and supervisors;
- understanding and respecting varied world views, customs and cultures.
The project was finished with evaluations from the students. In their assessment they described the project as valuable, useful and interesting. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult are satisfied to have offered the students a possibility to gain professional experience in their sector to be more competitive in the labor market. The project took place smoothly and we are hoping to continue the pleasant cooperation with the school.