hairdressering, carpentry, gastronomy and auto service sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Zespół Szkół Ponadgimnazjalnych im. Jana Pawła II took the role of intermediary partner for a group of people from Radzyń, Poland in the frame of Erasmus+ programme during the project named “Praktyki dla przyszłości”.
From the 15th of January to the 28th of January 2017 we hosted 20 selected participants. Their internship was in the sector of hairdressering, carpentry, gastronomy and auto service, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian techniques.
In their free time the participants had a chance to visit fabulous places in Sicily: Etna, Taormina, Palermo and Cefalu, Etna, Taormina, Palermo and Cefalu, also they learned more about Italian and Sicilian cuisine thanks to local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was helpful and culturally fulfilling.
- Greet clients and speak to them about their specific reasons for coming in to a salon
- Comprehend each client’s individual demands regarding hair and skins problems and attempt to devise solutions for them
- Advise clients about what they need in terms of hairstyling and skincare solutions
- Mix appropriate amount of hair coloring or bleaching chemicals by following safe practices
- Perform coloring, perming, straightening, cutting, trimming and styling activities
- Shampoo and dry hair before or after treatment and style it using brushes, hair irons and combs
- Block, shape and trim wigs and extensions according to each client’s specific instructions
- Style clients’ hair in accordance to the event that they need to attend
- Take telephone calls and schedule appointments
- Provide clients with hair treatments such as oiling, masking and mudding
- Advise clients about what skin or hair care treatments they can employ at home to achieve good results
- Provide clients with information on skin and hair problems and advise them of possible solutions or refer them to a cosmetologist
- Take payments for services rendered and handle light bookkeeping duties
- Understand and use different service techniques at working area, at presence of the quest or without it.
- Understand table cloth lore and table armchair standards in the restaurant and banquet area. Using simple forms of table decoration.
- Understand service techniques and process of guest care.
- Take orders and advise guests on meal selection. Understanding and handling the sales tools.
- Understanding different culinary cultures and quests with different eating habits.
- Understand national and international standards of the glass culture and use it in catering business.
- Knowledge of small indoor events organization and execution from the catering point of view.
- Understand and using professional dress code and hygiene.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
- Understand and executing process of ordering, delivery and storage of goods and materials.
- Understand the importance of auditing purchasing and sale process in working unit.
- Performe stock and inventory management.
- Understand the importance of work preparations and execution of process.
- Understand and executing preparatory work for effective service.
- Understand and executing storage for effective work.
- Understand the importance of effective cooperation with other departments. Executing effective cooperation with other department.
- Recognize environmental and health protecting standards.
- Recognize and follow health and safety regulations for accident prevention, safety and emergency procedures.
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including wall studs, floor joists, and doorframes
- Help put up, level, and install building framework with the aid of large pulleys and cranes
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Inspect municipal buildings and facilities for needed services and repairs
- Perform minor electrical repairs
- Maintain doors, windows, furniture and other items
- Monitor and replace weather stripping
- Maintain building interiors and exteriors
- Select the repair processes interpreting technical information in manuals and catalogs.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Locate faults in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical-electronic vehicle systems using tools and equipment appropriate diagnosis.
- Repair the heat engine and auxiliary systems, assemblies, subassemblies and components of electric-vehicle electronic systems.
- Replace and adjust elements of suspension and steering systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues.
At the end of the project, the participants received “A Rocca placement certificate”. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in Polish labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them a good luck in their future paths!