The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with MCAST hosted the participant Charisse Sammut, from L-Iklin (Malta), in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. The project number was 2015-1-MT01-KA103-003678. The internship was in the field of veterinary care, where she has the opportunity to work alongside with a veterinary surgeon and veterinary nurses to provide vital nursing care, ensuring that the wellbeing of small animal patients is paramount. During her internship, she became acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time the participant had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Mount Etna, Taormina, Palermo and Cefalù. She also got acquainted with the famous Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that her experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in many different ways
Job duties, skills, and professional competences acquired in the veterinary sector:
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the veterinary sector
- Gaining knowledge about professional terminology related to veterinary and medical care and using it in practice
- Improving communication skills, taking into consideration business etiquette and cultural differences
- Learning to manage effective communication with both clients and colleagues.
- Offering high quality customer service
- Assisting the veterinary’s in various tasks
- Helping to treat injuries and illnesses of animals
- Managing the daily tasks of the company, like cleaning and maintaining equipment
At the end of the project, the participant received “A Rocca” placement certificate”.
During the evaluation, the participant mentioned the fact that the internship helped her to discovered in depth the surgery part of her field. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with MCAST.