veterinary and horticulture sector
The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and EProjectConsult International department, in cooperation with Malta College of Arts Science and Technology took the role of intermediary partner for 4 persons from Malta in the frame of Erasmus+ programme during the project with a code 2015-1-MT01-KA103-003678.
From the 12h of January to 11th of March 2017 we hosted 4 selected participants. Their internship was in the sector of horticulture and veterinary, thereby they gained experience in their field of studies and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian techniques.
In their free time the participants had a chance to visit some fabulous places in Sicily and to know Italian and Sicilian cuisine thanks to local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was helpful and culturally fulfilling.
Job duties, skills, and professional competences acquired:
- Monitor and care for animals after surgery
- Maintain and sterilize surgical instruments and equipment
- Clean and disinfect cages, kennels, and examining and operating rooms
- Help provide emergency first aid to sick or injured animals
- Give medication or immunizations that veterinarians prescribe
- Do routine laboratory tests, such as taking x-rays
- Feed and bathe animals
- Collect samples such as blood, urine, or tissue for testing
- Sowing seeds, planting bulbs and ornamental plants
- Growing plants from cuttings and by grafting
- Taking care of plants – watering, weeding, pruning, feeding and spraying
- Mowing grass, cutting dead growth and branches, and general tidying
- Laying paths and looking after ornamental features
- Researching new strains of seed and plants in the lab for crop production
- Picking, sorting and packaging produce to be sent to retailers
- Selling plants and other products
- Advising customers in a garden centre
At the end of the project, the participants received “A Rocca placement certificate” and EUROPASS. We hope that they have learned new techniques and methods that will be valuable in their future workplace and will help them to stand out in Maltese labor market.
EProjectConsult wishes them a good luck in their future paths!