The team of the Associazione Art. Cult. “A Rocca” and Eprojectconsult International department, in cooperation with Foundation Agro-Centre for Education hosted a group from Skopje, Macedonia, in the frame of Erasmus+ programme. We hosted 10 selected participants and one accompanying person during the project named Agricultural Practice and Practical Learning in Europe-APPLE.
The participants gained a valuable experience in the field of agriculture and become acquainted with the traditional Italian and Sicilian way of labour.
In the free time they had chance to visit some beautiful places in Sicily, including Etna Volcano, Catania and Milazzo. The group also visited a Sicilian winery and enjoyed a wine-tasting. They also got acquainted with the famous Italian cuisine thanks to the local restaurants. We hope that their experience of living abroad was unforgettable and enriching in many different ways.
Job duties, skills, and professional competences acquired in the agriculture sector:
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources in the field of Agriculture
- Gaining knowledge about the wine production process in the traditional Sicilian winery’s, seeing how wine is produced. (Cambria Vini)
- Learning about Bio Agriculture
- Understanding and learning to use in practice professional agricultural industry terminology.
- Performing manual farm work
- Identifying seeds and species of ornamental and horticultural plants
- Developing horticulture skills in planting, weeding, pruning and transplanting seedlings
- Improving communication skills, taking into consideration business etiquette and cultural differences
- Managing communication with both colleagues and clients.
- Increased vocational competences, mobility and motivation to work on the European labor market.
At the end of the project, participants received “A Rocca” placement certificate” and EUROPASS.
Consequently, the participants seemed to be satisfied with this project. From their evaluation, it is clear that they felt the internship was interesting and a useful experience for their future career. We are satisfied with the seemingly flawless success of the project and hope that we can continue our cooperation with the Foundation Agro-Centre for Education.