Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Project number: 2020-1-BG01-KA227-ADU-095146
The Covid-19 pandemic has created new economic and social realities in European countries. Along with job losses, the closure of public facilities and the loss of capital, the education and cultural sectors have been severely affected and put in the background as a secondary function of European societies. The virus has paused the introduction of innovative practices in the field of education and training, in facilitating the recognition and validation of knowledge, skills and competences acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning.
At the same time, the lack of digital skills among citizens and among the already digitally intensive sector of education, training and creative industries was extremely serious – all participants in these processes had to be digitized as a matter of urgency. The vast share of online communication, the great increase in the volume of
created and shared content, has exacerbated the need for better knowledge and understanding of software products that have obsessed our daily lives and work. Extreme political currents, mass demagoguery and the use
of fake news have created a tangible need for knowledge and training for full-fledged digital European citizenship.
In this context, the problems addressed by the project are related to:
• the need to strengthen all aspects of creativity in non-formal and formal education by improving the
development of skills and competences;
• the need for measures to accelerate the digital transformation and the use of digital means to adapt the way
creative products, goods and events are created, managed, distributed, made available and consumed;
• the need to promote active citizenship and social inclusion through the arts, using digital tools.
The main goal of the project is to address the key digital challenges posed by Covid-19 – digital transformation and intelligent use of digital tools in creative activities.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Adapting a model of competence framework in the field of digital creativity – defining levels of knowledge and skills from DigComp 2.1 (The European Digital Competence Framework for Citizens), which are related to the topic and validation of the acquired skills of the persons included in training programs for digital skills. Introduction of a model for validation of the acquired skills through an open digital badge for creative skills.
- Study the applicability of digital creativity in different sectors through case studies to illustrate the opportunities for social integration, sustainable business and active citizenship, and to promote the use of creative and cultural products in general, in the current pandemic situation;
- Creating tools for ethics and purity of digital content in creative activities, promoting active citizenship, the fight against fake news and diversity.
The key target groups are identified according to the levels of competence offered by the project and the specific knowledge/skills required for each of them:
- Young people and students who are among the most numerous and active creators of digital content;
- Representatives of small and medium enterprises (SMEs), which could optimize the management / production processes in their companies through digital creativity;
- Teachers, facilitators engaged in training to promote creativity, culture, and cultural diversity.
The following results will be achieved within the project:
- Adapted model of competence framework in the field of digital creativity;
- Created a framework for self-assessment of digital creative competencies, based on the model – an online tool for self-assessment.
- Created a tool for validation of the acquired skills through open digital creative badge for creative skills.
- Report from a study of the applicability of digital creativity in different sectors through case studies (3 pieces – one for each of the partner countries – Bulgaria, Italy, Germany).
- Toolbox – a toolkit for ethics and purity of digital content in creative activities. The tools will be compiled in the Open Digital Repository (ODR), in various formats (presentations, videos, publications), supporting active citizenship, the fight against fake news, digital diversity and equality.
Expert Pool, Applicant from Bulgaria
M2C INSTITUT FUR ANGEWANDTE MEDIENFORSCHUNG GMBH
Eprojectconsult – Istituto Europeo di Formazione e Ricerca (IT)