“Compass - Setting Migrants and Refugees in the Right Direction”
16th – 17th November 2017
It took place in Germany (Neuenhagen) the kick-off meeting in the frame of the KA2 project “Compass – Setting Migrants and Refugees in the Right Direction”. Two intense days during which all the project partners from Spain, Turkey, Greece, UK, Germany and Italy set up the main activities to carry on in order to start working on the project.
After a small presentation from each partner representing different organisations, the coordinator of the meeting went through the application to outline objective and outputs of the project.
The main strength of the project will be the partnership which involves organisations able to give their contribution in different fields, all necessary for the good result of the project.
Mainly, the project will produce a web-platform whose goal is to help migrants, refugees, volunteers and people working in the sector to overcome the language barrier.
The partners will build a vocabulary of terms and phrases in the most uncommon languages to be insert in the web platform which hopefully will be responsive and user friendly.
Here are the main activities during the meeting:
- Go through the project schedules and project activities;
- Set the main features regarding the web platform to be designed: Content, languages, level of understanding;
- Sharing ideas about the platform graphic design and structure;
- Analysing online and offline tools t be used for a proper dissemination of the project;
- Discussion of financial & administrative matters.
It was also defined:
- Indicative dates on the 2nd partners meeting in March;
- Next project activity schedules and future steps to carry on until the next project meeting (create the content of the web platform, the graphic, etc…);
We are looking forward to the next meeting